I'm still recovering from Millen's (correct) assertion that the Atlanta Thrashers are an "offensive juggernaut." That phrase seems counter-intuitive to the Thrashers entire history. I've been watching hockey for a long time and never in all those years have I heard that phrase. Parity, it seems, does work.
With all that said, and I may be in the minority, I want to tell the Thrashers fans that I'm happy for them. I like competitive hockey. I like having a league of 30 teams, and I fully support fans of all the other 28 franchises (that's right Ottawa, you get no love from me!)
On to the links. Either it's a quiet night, or everyone still hasn't fully grasped the Leafs win. If I've missed you, then as always, please drop a direct link to your post in the comments.
- Progress! It's not just a political catch phrase, it's what the Leafs are making. Steve breaks it down.
- Is it crazy to prefer hearing Pierre McGuire call a game? Zamboinc Youth's Godd Till doesn't think so. Not when there are so many lesser lights you could be tortured by instead.
- At Heroes in Rehab, jrwendelman is spitting fire...err, make that talking Spitfires. However, the man can bust rhymes with the best of them, so step off.
- Leafs Fan Forever went to his first Leafs game last night and he made one special request that our heroes were happy to oblige.
- Were the Tampa Bay Lightning open to trading Vincent Lecavalier, would that make Tyler Bozak expendable? Newcomer to the Barilkosphere, Hart Ross, seems to think so.
- Kavel kaptions Kabby (and Matt Stajan, but that doesn't jive with the whole "k" thing we've got going.)
- Jean-Sebastien Giguere's name gets tossed about quite a bit in trade rumors lately, and the Leafs seem to be tied to most of them. The question is: Is Giguere still worth the $6M per? Hockey or Die gives you the answer.
- Vintage Leafs Memories is recalling another highlight: Scott Garland.
- From the "YIPEEE! YAHOO!!" files, Jonas Gustavsson is back practicing, with plans for a quick return.
- PPP Update: Head over to vote in this poll. In case you were wondering, the correct vote is: Hal Gill.
- Space Weed kind of likes Luke Schenn
- Archi shows why he is the pre-eminent NHL suit examiner