As some/none of you might remember, our glorious 2IC Chemmy recently laid down a challenge to watch the Sharks - Red Wings game. Specifically - "I think it would be an enriching exercise if we all watched two well coached talented teams go at it."
Well, I've never been one to ignore a gauntlet being thrown down. Even if it was a lacy gauntlet with "Chemmy 4 Vesa - SWALK" sewn onto the palm. Frankly, it was an odd experience. Two teams of talented players, well coached, on (mostly) reasonable contracts and playing good hockey. It was all a bit much. It was frightful, to be honest. That's not the kind of thing I signed up for.
So in the spirit of seeing how green the grass is elsewhere, we'll be looking at Leafs links and links from the cup contenders. That'll teach the overlords of this site to be glib, won't it boys and girls? Written with a tip of the hat to Mabel for the idea.
- Dr Steve kicks us off with some mathematical succour. At Fear The Fin, Mr Plank takes a squizz at whomsoever the Sharks might be playing in the first round.
- Toronto Sports Media has some media sourced rumours; meanwhile the FanHouse has a piece on the sickeningly competitive-once-more Devils.
- Two to chew on from the Maple Leaf Hot Stove, with the Kabby Konundrum and the Deadline Disaffection. Japers and his dirty Caps are playing fantasy draft - while Rome burns.
- T.O. Sports brings you Part II of their magnum opus, meditations on the Leafs squad. Red Wings Analysis remains unimpressed, wishing only to discuss their own.
- Showcasing the talent, forgetting the contract, it must be Sports and the City and Jason Blake making kissey faces! What a shame then, that all the Stanley Cup of Chowder people can do is post videos of knuckle ups.
- Defying all but the most Jungian of analysis, Loser Domi's had her wandering mic. in the dressing room again. I tried, but I couldn't find anything else even a little like this out there. Only this.
- UPDATE : Jared's been watching too much Animal Planet.