Forgive us the tardiness but as we mentioned before Mattblack got a brand spanking new job (no actual spanking involved) in the real world and we needed a new FTBer to join the team. Also, SBN launched a bunch of changes that will help us improve the site. Toss in a sunny weekend and you get an FTB at 10am. Tomorrow we'll be back on our wonderful schedule of having an FTB up before I even wake up. Who will be providing it? Well, let me be the first to welcome blurr1974 to the PPP team. You'll notice that he's on the masthead at the bottom of the page. He'll be doing the weekday FTBs while Mattblack will come out of hibernation on the weekends to confuse us with his Britishisms. Ok, onto the links. Forgive me if I am rusty.
- The Leafs' lose a bright hockey mind in Joe Nieuwendyk while Brett Hull and Les Jackson are sent back to do what they do best which is eat and not GM respectively. The Hockey News, Puck Daddy, and Defending Big D all react to the news.
- It's deja vu all over again in the Final. Those posts are killer as the Pens fall 3-1 again.
- Speaking of killers, Malkin won't get suspended with predictable reactions from each team's more reactionary sites.
- Is the bust down in Tampa going to turn into the NHL's Balco? My money says no.
- Do not follow this link if you have a mouthful of milk, coffee, tea, or a tipple from your flask. Hilarity ensues.
- Friend of the blog Pat Quinn continues the Oilers-Sabres feud.
- And in other news that caught my eye: LeBron is a baby and some guy in Austin is not a baby