After reading through the links today, I've come to the realization that the Kaberle trade discussions are not going to end anytime soon. At first, I was a little apprehensive with this knowledge. Kaberle is a Leafs lifer, and through his outstanding level of play, commitment to the blue and white and emo-esque almost uni-brow, the man has garnered a passionate following of Leaf fans.
The last time an issue of this magnitude lingered, we had a mini civil war in Leafs nation. The Sundo's and the Sundon'ts faced off for, what seemed like, months. Steely gazes and harsh words stirred up lot's of emotion on both sides of the fence.
In the end, we gave the man his due and, for the most part, considered it a closed subject. There is the occasional "sign Sundin" appeal to the masses from a select few (you know who you are...) but the response is limited to a knowing smile. This is Burke's team now.
As you click through the links today, I would say that the best tonic to those passionate emotions you're probably feeling is to hum a few bars of the Beatles "With a Little Help From My Friends." Come the beginning of the 2010 season, after what could be even more roster upheaval, one thing will remain...
We're all Leafs fans.
- Let's start things off with the hot button. Dr. Steve brings us the science on those Kaberle for Kessel rumors.
- Down Goes Brown, in his usual stoic and reflective style, takes a look back at Gary Roberts: Senator Slayer.
- Bittter Leaf compiled the 6 words or less, and added his own. Feel free to drop in and check them all out side by side, along with any new ones in the comments. Kumbaya and all that...
- Loser Domi has another Leafs chat that includes some Thrashers as well.
- TSM has their take on Burke's most recent radio outing as well as who the latest front office hiring could be.
- MLHS listened to Burke on the radio as well, and came up with a few observations. Plus, some news from around the league.
- TML Central has even more jersey and logo madness. Am I the only one who doesn't mind the Leafs logo as it is currently?
- TMLFan Fury tries to predict the upcoming Leafs roster. Conspicuously absent: Tyler Bozak and Christian Hanson. Will they start in the AHL? Time will tell...
- Meet Justin Pogge: a 23 year old washed up NHL goalie has-been (or never-was) who's name is never mentioned in the same sentence as the word "potential" anymore.
- Former Leaf prospect Sebastien Centomo signs with the IHL Lumberjacks. My favorite quote of the article: "Centomo has proven to be a goal guardian of masterful winning stripe." orly?
- On Frozen Blog makes note of the oddness surrounding Crosby's living arrangements.
- The general goes all feline on us.