Oh what a tangled web Bettman weaves. What is this latest twist in the Coyotes saga? Is the NHL trying to outmaneouvre the bankruptcy court? And is there any tangible benefit? MC79Hockey assures me that there is not but it's hard to see this move as anything else.
One thing that'll drive me batty is the rush of people to condemn the NHL and call it bush league while pretending that MLB's handling of the Expos wasn't at least 100 times worse. They played games in Puerto Rico for cripe's sake.
Anyway, here are some links:
- The Leafs' goaltending has been terrible since the lockout. How bad? James Mirtle knows.
- Is Matt Stajan's job in trouble? As a pending UFA and likely playing without his two favourite wingers (well, at least one of them for sure) he'll have to show what else he can do befor ehe is crushed under the glut of centremen.
- TSM wants to know what you are expecting from the upcoming season. My prediction? Pain.
- Leaf and Lion breaks down the greatest Leafs goal ever...that was scored by a Finn.
- Hungry Leafs Fan needs help with deciding what jersey to purchase. Another poll! No military coups this time though. Promise.
- Jerry D'Amigo is getting some great experience with the US U20 team.
- Remember the old Choose Your Own Adventure books? I always cheated to get the best outcome. Definitely pick Page 2.
- Even Kings fans that love Jarret Stoll know that Luke Schenn's jersey must be worn.
- The Sports News Survey looks at the oldest rivalry in the NHL.
If I missed anything it's because you didn't e-mail me in time (11pm) so toss it in the comments.
- Dr. Steve takes a look at possible line combinations for the Leafs and Marlies.