I'm still giddy over the game. Nasty Nazem Kadri looked ridiculous when given the proper tools to work with. Niklas Hagman is still awesome (not that I had any doubts.) Luke Schenn is still Luke Schenn, just a year older, wiser, stronger, meaner. And not to belittle the true meaning behind them, but it all reminded me of some words Sir Winston Churchill once spoke:
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender
We shall fight indeed...
- TSM gets you up to date on the heavily under-reported Phil Kessel saga.
- I missed this yesterday, but it's he Meatrarchy. He's always relevant an he's got a crash course in MSM laziness.
- More Vintage Leafs pics, including a killer one of the Killer.
- MLHS has a breakdown of the game, and some individual analysis of the major players. They agreed with my Hagman assesment.
- The season previews have begun, and here's Suite 101's take on the new look Leafs.
- Bkblades is kind of looking forward to the regular season.
- Luke Schenn's life can be tough.
- Happy 59th Birthday Darry Sittler! Let's re-live your greatest moment.
- Eugene Melnyk has a big mouth but he might have just revealed something useful.