Ben Scrivens stepped in from the AHL and made 21 saves for his 5th career win.
- Toronto's PK unit, which has struggled for years, was 4-for-5 on the night.
- Phil Kessel picked up where left off last season, compiling two assists.
- Nazem Kadri made a nifty play to kick the puck up to his stick and subsequently put away the first goal for the Leafs this season.
- Leo Komarov was held off the scoresheet but lead both teams with 8 hits.
- Dion Phaneuf lead the team with over 26 minutes of ice time.
- Nikolai Kulemin led all forwards with over 20 minutes of ice time while Kadri played less than 10 and James van Riemsdyk played 13:48. (Both likely due the 5 PK situations.)
- Defenseman Mike Kostka recorded his first career NHL point with an assist on Kadri's goal.