It's game day! The Leafs host those mighty birdplanes from the province-state of Georgitoba!
Here are your game details, via the Leafs gameday sheet:
MAPLE LEAFS RECORD versus WINNIPEG
ALL-TIME RECORD: 29-16-1-7
ALL-TIME RECORD AT HOME: 15-7-1-3
2014-15: 1-1-0 (1-0-0 at home)
LAST 5: 1-2-2 overall, 3-1-1 at home
LAST 10: 3-5-2 overall
MAPLE LEAFS CAREER LEADERS versus WINNIPEG
GAMES: Matthias (27), Boyes (25), Phaneuf (20)
POINTS: Lupul (20), Boyes (19), van Riemsdyk (12)
GOALS: Lupul (12), Boyes (7), Grabner (6)
ASSISTS: Boyes (12), van Riemsdyk (9) Lupul (8)
PENALTY MINUTES: Polak (22), Phaneuf (17), Matthias (13)
MAPLE LEAFS-JETS NOTES
- Joffrey Lupul has recorded 20 points (12 goals, eight assists) in 18 career games against the Jets.
- Nazem Kadri has seven points (two goals, five assists) in eight career games versus the Jets.
- Morgan Rielly leads the Maple Leafs in points (8) and average ice time per game (22:32). He has registered a point in four of his last five games and established a new single-game career-high with three points (one goal, two assists) in Monday’s 4-1 win over Dallas.
- Joffrey Lupul leads the Maple Leafs with five goals this season. He has recorded four points (three goals, one assist) in his last three games. Lupul has scored the game-winning goal in both of Toronto’s victories.
- Brad Boyes has recorded a point in each of his last three games (one goal, three assists).
- Nazem Kadri ranks fifth in the NHL with 4.2 shots per game. He leads Toronto with 46 shots on goal.
- Tyler Bozak owns a 57.7% faceoff win percentage – the tenth-highest mark in the NHL among players who have taken at least 100 faceoffs.
- Tyler Bozak needs 4 goals to reach 100 career NHL goals.
- Jake Gardiner needs 9 points to reach 100 career NHL points.
- Michael Grabner needs 5 goals to reach 100 career NHL goals.
- Nazem Kadri needs 7 assists to reach 100 career NHL assists.
- Joffrey Lupul needs 1 goal to reach 200 career NHL goals.
- Joffrey Lupul needs 7 assists to reach 100 career assists as a Maple Leaf.
- Martin Marincin needs 6 games played to reach 100 career NHL games played.
- Dion Phaneuf needs 10 assists to reach 300 career NHL assists.
- James Reimer needs 351 minutes played to reach 10,000 career NHL minutes played.
- Jonathan Bernier is day-to-day with a lower body injury.
- Scott Harrington (injured reserve) has missed three games with an upper body injury.
- Stephane Robidas (injured reserve) has missed 11 games with a lower body injury.
- October 29: Rich Clune signed to an NHL contract.
- October 29: Mark Arcobello placed on waivers.
- October 30: Mark Arcobello reassigned to Toronto Marlies (AHL).
- November 3: Antione Bibeau recalled from the Toronto Marlies (AHL) on an emergency basis.
You can follow tonight's game on the following media:
TV: Sportsnet (National)
RADIO: TSN 1050
STREAMING: Rogers GameCentre Live (CAN)/NHL GameCenter Live (U.S.)
I should mention the PPP/SBN policy on illegal streams, as always, is in effect. If you so much as post even one, I will hunt you down and throw your track suit in the shower. Or ban you. Whichever is easiest.
TONIGHT'S FUN FACT:
In their last meeting on February 21, 2015, the Leafs beat the Jets 5-4 in OT on a James van Riemsdyk goal. The primary assist? Leaf legend Olli Jokinen, in what would be his only point in blue and white.
For tonight's flashback moment, let's go back to January 7, 2011, when the Leafs played their second-last ever game in Atlanta. They won 9-3. Here are the highlights from that game.
That's about it. Enjoy the game.