In the words of our Twig from yesterday: "Matt Beleskey visited Toronto to meet with the Leafs front office, evidently unaware that Dave Nonis has been fired. Twelve clubs expressed interest in the winger from Anaheim, who recorded a career-high 32 points last year. Beleskey turned down a four-year, $16M deal with Anaheim recently, evidently trusting that GMs are really really dumb."
And so it goes with free agency, which starts today at noon ET. Here's hoping that the hockey players who immediately jetted to the Bahamas have their phones turned on.
Coverage begins at 11 a.m. ET on TSN and Sportsnet.
According to Leafs president Brendan Shanahan, the team doesn't intend to "shake the hockey world" today.
To assist with today's discussion here are a few useful links:
- General Fanager's list of free agents
- Top 20 players available via free agency
- Puck Daddy's NHL 2015 Free Agent Frenzy Chatterbox
- Predicting Free Agent Salaries
- PPPPodcast: Draft Review + Free Agent Forecasting
- Dreger says Coyotes still interested in Bozak (Five for Howling is excited!)
- Leafs interested in Frolik and Belesky
- Report: Kessel could be dealt to Pens today
- Leafs qualify Marincin, Kadri, Panik
- Leafs sign former Rangers defensemen Matt Hunwick to two-year contract
- Phil Kessel Traded to Pittsburgh
- Kasperi Kapanen becomes Leafs third best prospect
- Leafs sign P.A. Parenteau to one-year contract
- Leafs re-sign Richard Panik to one year contract