Hey Leafs fans! It's your boy seldo here with another GDT. I hope you have brain space for all the facts I'm going to cram in there!
MAPLE LEAFS CAREER LEADERS versus BOSTON
GAMES: Brooks Laich (34), Joffrey Lupul (30), Tyler Bozak (29)POINTS: Joffrey Lupul (19), Brooks Laich (17), Milan Michalek (17)GOALS: Brooks Laich (11), Brad Boyes (7), Joffrey Lupul (7), James van Riemsdyk (7)ASSISTS: Joffrey Lupul (12), Milan Michalek (11), Jake Gardiner (9)PENALTY MINUTES: James van Riemsdyk (18), P.A. Parenteau (16), Milan Michalek (14)
MAPLE LEAFS-BRUINS NOTES
- Jake Gardiner recorded his first NHL point (an assist) on October 20, 2011 at Boston.
- Nazem Kadri scored his first NHL goal on March 19, 2011 against the Bruins.
- Joffrey Lupul registered his first point as a Maple Leaf (an assist) on February 15, 2011 at Boston.
- Matt Hunwick played in 164 regular season games with the Bruins from 2007-10, recording 45 points (13 goals, 32 assists) and 76 penalty minutes, after they selected him in the seventh round (224th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. He also registered six assists in 14 playoff games with Boston.
- Brad Boyes spent two seasons (2005-07) with the Bruins after being acquired in a trade from San Jose on March 9, 2004. In 144 regular season games, Boyes collected 103 points (39 goals, 64 assists).
- Nazem Kadri leads the Maple Leafs with 41 points (14 goals, 27 assists) and ranks 11th among all NHL players with 243 shots on goal. Kadri collected four points (two goals, two assists) in Thursday’s win over Anaheim, matching his career high.
- Morgan Rielly leads all Maple Leafs defencemen 33 points (eight goals, 25 assists) and leads all Leafs in average ice time per game (23:06). Rielly has recorded four points (one goal, three assists) in his last four games.
- In his last four starts, Jonathan Bernier owns a 3-1-0 record with a 1.27 goals against average and a .958 save percentage.
- Tyler Bozak has four points (three goals, one assist) in his last three games. Bozak’s faceoff win percentage of 57.7% ranks fifth among all NHL players who have taken at least 600 draws.
- If P.A. Parenteau scores tonight it will be his 100th NHL goal.
Fun facts about Boston:
My Grade 6 class took a trip to Boston. We had our school banned from the Hard Rock Cafe there.
It's known as the Oyster of New England, because it smells fishy, you need chainmail on lest you get stabbed, and there's a pearl in the middle of it, this would be the Cheers bar.
The people of Boston threw crates and crates of tea in the harbour, making the Fenway Flounder go extinct due to the chemical changes to the Boston Harbour waters.
The arena is named after the City of Toronto.
Enjoy the game!