Scott Wheeler and I brought Jack Han of The Athletic in to do a podcast to chat about the Leafs’ tactical game, and how their players have been adhering to it.
Broadly, we look at a few things:
- Do the Leafs have trouble disrupting opponents’ cycle game?
- The Leafs’ D can be really porous at their own blue line when defending the rush. Why?
- Player usage on the power play
- The penalty kill. How important is mobility?
- Is it a good idea to have a puck retrieval player on each line? i.e. a Zach Hyman type
Don’t forget that if you can’t listen now, you can always download the file and listen later!
New #1MinuteTactics: Learn how @MapleLeafs effectively kill penalties (and why it has to do with science) in just under 69 seconds... pic.twitter.com/QiwmyMkBv6— Jack Han (@ml_han) January 23, 2017