Welcome back to another episode of Back to Excited. Today, we discuss:
- The Leafs poor performance against Arizona [0:56]
- William Nylander has been the Leafs best forward for about 2 weeks [4:38]
- The impact of the weak competition they face on Nylander’s and Kadri’s success [7:02]
- We talk about math, and the strengths and weaknesses of the models used to assess play driving, factoring in the context in which a skater plays [9:02]
- How we feel about Mike Babcock’s toys (Hainsey/Zaitsev/Brown) [28:45]
- Frustration among Leafs fans with Babcock [35:21]
- The fear that the Leafs will end up in the same spot as last year (losing to Boston in Round 1) [37:00]
- What SHOULD Babcock do differently [44:30]
As always, you can find the podcast on Soundcloud, iTunes, and anywhere else.
Thanks for listening!