Every Qualifying Round series is over except the important one. The Leafs host the Blue Jackets on Sunday night at 8 PM: winner advance, loser goes in the lottery less than 24 hrs later.
Seeding Round August 7
The Flyers beat the Lightning, so they finish first and second, and the winner of the Toronto - Columbus series, no matter who that is, plays Tampa in the first round.
The Bruins play the Capitals to decide three and four on Sunday at noon. One imagines when they set this up, they assumed that Sunday game was going to decide first place, instead it decides who plays the best qualifier — Carolina.
5. Carolina (Series Winner) plays the loser of Bruins - Capitals
6. NY Islanders (Series Winner) plays the winner of Bruins - Capitals
7. Toronto or Columbus plays the loser of Flyers - Lightning
8. Montréal (Series Winner) plays the winner of Flyers - Lightning
Western Seeding Round August 7
This worked out exactly like the east. Vegas beat Colorado in OT, giving them 6 points, the Avs 5, and the Stars and the Blues, play for last on Sunday afternoon.
5. Vancouver (Series Winner) plays the loser of Stars - Blues
6. Calgary (Series Winner) plays the winner of Stars - Blues
7. Arizona (Series Winner) plays the loser of Avalanche - Golden Knights
8. Chicago (Series Winner) plays the winner of Avalanche - Golden Knights