It’s three weeks until the Toronto Maple Leafs come on down to Niagara for the first weekend of training camp. There has been very little news out of the team aside from a few front office hiring and role assigning.
How will we get through this awful time in the hockey calendar? I have a few tips for you.
- Rosterbate, rosterbate, rosterbate. Build your lines. Be crazy with them. Josh Leivo paired with Auston Matthews? Why not?
- Watch Leafs highlights. Here I’ll tart you off:
3. Watch people fight about WAR models on Twitter. Don’t engage, but just watch.
4. DO NOT FOLLOW @TRAVISYOST. You’ll fall for his clearly anger baiting food takes and get suckered in to that nonsense.
5. Join CHL Twitter and follow all that major junior training camp action!
6. No, wait, don’t.
8. Get a job, slackers.
9. Spin around really fast until you fall over, hit your head, go into a 6 week coma, and hey look it’s the start of the season.
Here are your links.
Senators’ Assistant GM Randy Lee Resigns - Silver Seven
Belleville Senators GM and Ottawa Senators Assistant GM Randy Lee has resigned from the team.
Rick Nash didn’t really pan out like the B’s hoped in 2017-18 - Stanley Cup of Chowder
So he should be a cheap add for the Leafs right?
Speculating On Future Captains - Part Five - Arctic Ice Hockey
It’s so slow everyone is resorting to writing about the Leafs for clicks
Column: Is the game getting any cleaner? - Blueshirt Banter
Is the NHL’s current method of penalizing players doing enough to deter dirty, reckless play?
The curious case of Wayne Simmonds and his future in the Orange & Black - Broad Street Hockey
He doesn't have one. We'll send you Jeremy Bracco for Wayne Simmonds.
The Stuffed Wolf: A Howling Good Time – Sudbury Wolves
Everyone needs to see the wolf in person before the Sudbury Arena closes
Enjoy your Wednesday!