Welcome to another episode of Back to Excited. Today we discuss what’s gone well and poorly for the Leafs in their opening week. Timestamps:
- The Petr Mrazek injury [1:40]
- Jack Campbell’s strong start [5:01]
- The Leafs’ best skater so far (surprise, it’s William Nylander) [10:34]
- The shutdown line of David Kampf, Ondrej Kase, and Pierre Engvall, their success, and the possible galaxy braining of 5v5 ice-time allocations [18:52]
- Possible changes in the Leafs’ offensive shot choices and their implications [29:25]
- A tale of two complementary left wingers (Michael Bunting and Nick Ritchie) [37:44]
- Mitch Marner’s performance so far [45:39]
- Jake Muzzin’s struggles, last night notwithstanding, and Timothy Liljegren’s audition [49:45]
- Access media in sports journalism [58:45]/
You can find the podcast on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify. As always, let us know what you’d like us to cover in future episodes, as well as your thoughts on the Leafs over the course of their first three games.
Thanks for listening!