Welcome to PPP Leafs
We are a Toronto Maple Leafs blog where fans from all backgrounds gather to share their passion for the teams they love. We strive to create a fun and welcoming place for everyone.
We try our best to welcome fans of all kinds, and to make this space a comfortable place for everyone. We might not always do a perfect job, and we don't expect our members to be perfect either.
PPP Leafs tends to have a lot of fans who like to analyze hockey numerically. We are not interested in hosting arguments that rehash the analytics vs eye-test arguments of a decade ago.
- Be respectful in your interactions with contributors and fellow fans.
- Don’t try to disrupt the community or attack other members.
- Use the "flag" feature on comments you think violate these rules – don't pile on.
- We reserve the right to delete or hide any comment that we feel violates these guidlines.
We do not allow any of the following:
- Personal attacks: This includes name-calling, insults, threats, hurtful comments about someone’s appearance, name, identity or individual characteristics.
- Attacks on staffers: Disagreement with articles, posts or comments is always okay, but expressing that by attacking the integrity of staff or contributors or making or engaging in personal attacks is not.
- Offensive language: This includes racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, or any other expression of prejudice or bigotry.
- Offensive usernames: Jokes are fine, offensive jokes aren't. Users who refuse to change offensive names will be banned.
- Harassment of staff or other members: This includes, but is not limited to, intimidation; stalking; posting personal information (doxing); inappropriate physical contact; use of sexual or discriminatory imagery, comments, or jokes; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Negativity about players: You don't have to like everyone on the team, but wishing physical harm, or posting unfounded or false information about players such as criminal behaviour, drug or alcohol abuse or any other gossip is not permitted.
- Misinformation and disinformation: Sharing demonstrably false information or conspiracy theories about news or world events, beyond the scope of reasonable sports opinion or analysis, can be harmful to our communities. These comments will be removed and may result in a suspension or a ban.
- Illegal activity: Don’t promote, encourage, or make light of any kind of illegal activity, particularly domestic violence, or sexual assault.
- Images and Comments: Assume all readers are in their workplace or with children. Don't post comments or images that are sexual, violent, or generally offensive in nature.
- Excessive profanity: We have a relaxed attitude to what is commonly called swearing, but profanity directed at other members or contributors counts as a person attack.
- Multiple accounts: Multiple accounts are a violation of the Terms and Conditions. Your account does not have a password. If you lose access to the email you made your account with, contact the site, and it can be changed for you.
- Trolling: We know it when we see it, and we’ll remove it. Fans of other teams posting negative comments about the Leafs will be banned from the community.
- First impressions: If you break any of these guidelines with your first comment, we will assume you are here just to be disruptive. Members who make declarative top-level comments only, particularly those that tell other members they are wrong about everything will be considered disruptive.
- Spam: Do not post advertising, spam or links to illegal game streams.
Community managers and moderators have final say on interpretation of violating our community guidelines, and on all decisions resulting in a warning, suspension, and/or ban. Comments arguing with moderation will be deleted.
Members who violate these guidelines or the Terms and Conditions, can have their commenting access removed or restricted, or be banned from membership.