The Leafs beat the Bruins 5-2 last night.
I wrote the recap and signed up for the FTB so what you get is a little update on how the baby Leafs are doing.
- 1 goal, 1 assist, 5 shots and 24:57 of ice time in Kärpät’s 5-4 overtime win.
- He’s up to 4 goals and 14 assists in 20 games, good for a tie of second most points in the whole Liiga.
- 4 assists, 1 shot and 22:28 of ice time for Kärpät.
- He’s up to 1 goal and 9 assists points in 18 Liiga games, with five of those points coming in the last two games since he joined Kärpät.
- 1 goal (it was a weird one) and 7 shots on net in 15:39 of ice time in HIFK’s 4-2 win.
- He’s up to 3 goals and 5 assists in 19 games for HIFK, but five of those points came in the last six games.
- 1 assist and 1 shot on goal in 16:49 during Växjö’s 4-1 win.
- He’s up to 5 goals and 7 assists in 18 SHL games, well on pace to set career highs in goals and points.
- After a nice run of games getting 5-10 minutes a night, Ovchinnikov was moved back to the 13th forward spot with the rest of the team getting healthy. He got no ice time in Sibir’s game yesterday morning but had a good showing when he did play.
NCAA COLLEGE HOCKEY
- 1 goal and 6 shots on goal in UConn’s 3-2 win.
- He’s up to 7 goals and 6 assists in 9 games, leading UConn in goals and points, good for a tie for 3rd in the NCAA for U20 players. He’s tied with Carter Savoie, and just behind Kent Johnson and Josh Doan.
- 2 assists and 3 shots on goal in Harvard’s 5-1 win.
- He’s up to 1 goal and 7 assists in 4 games this season.
- 1 goal, 1 assist and 3 shots on goal in Minnesota’s 4-1 win.
- He’s up to 4 goals and 3 assists in 10 games in his freshman season.
NORTH AMERICAN JUNIOR
- 1 assist and 1 shot on goal in Sarnia’s 3-2 win last night.
- He’s up to 3 goals and 7 assists in 8 games, which leads his team despite one fewer game played. He actually has a point in every game he’s played to start the season.
- No points but four shots on net in Flint’s 3-2 win.
- He has 2 goals and 3 assists in 9 games, playing as their 1C and I might be exaggerating but I don’t think he’s been on the ice for a goal against this season.
- 2 goals and 5 shots on net in the Marlies’ 5-2 loss.
- He’s up to 5 goals and 1 assist in 4 games since returning from injury.
- 1 assist and 1 shot on goal.
- He’s up to 6 goals and 1 assist in 8 games.
- 1 assist and 2 shots on goal.
- He’s up to 1 goal and 8 assists in 9 games for the Marlies so far, leading the team in points.
The Leafs’ recent win streak is surprisingly well-deserved | by TLN
As Maple Leafs stars hit their stride, how does the rest of the roster stack up? | by Justin Bourne
Erik Källgren turns in first-star performance in Toronto Marlies’ victory over Rochester | by MLHS
Mrazek out means more work for Campbell | by TSN, on another apparent injury to Petr Mrazek that led to Joseph Woll getting called up from the Marlies on Saturday.
I do feel bad for Dermott or any player local to Toronto that joins the Leafs and wants nothing more than to help them win a Cup. He seemingly has the right attitude about it all, at least.
Dermott calls playing with Rielly "quite an honour"— Mark Masters (@markhmasters) November 6, 2021
Travis on Morgan: "He plays the game fast so keeping the pace up with him & trying to be there for him is something I'm working towards. I feel like the more games I get under my belt, the more comfortable I get with that"
AROUND THE HOCKEY WORLD
The Penguins have hired Krissy Wendell-Pohl as an amateur scout.— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) November 6, 2021
Wendell-Pohl, a two-time Olympian in 2002 and 2006, was inducted into the U.S. Hockey HOF in 2019 following a prolific playing career at the collegiate and international level.
Details: https://t.co/UCMEwPAUQt pic.twitter.com/6cfCIMHkEc
The Chicago Blackhawks finally mercy-fired their coach.
The Chicago Blackhawks have dismissed coach Jeremy Colliton, sources tell ESPN.— Emily Kaplan (@emilymkaplan) November 6, 2021
Interim GM Kyle Davidson made the call. Derek King will be the interim coach.
....and he probably earned the pink slip, to be honest.
This year, though, they took futility to new heights, playing poorly when tied, considerably worse when down one, and dramatically worse when down two, like a pelican choking on a garden gnome. pic.twitter.com/T7rXqqi72D— Micah Blake McCurdy (@IneffectiveMath) November 6, 2021
It’s... whatever the torso to leg equivalent of Two Face would be?
Goodness. pic.twitter.com/3i3KJsJ2IN— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) November 6, 2021