Welcome back to another episode of Back to Excited. Today we discuss trends that have caught our eye in the early season, and how real we think they are.
In particular we discuss:
- [1:06] Mitch Marner’s injury
- [7:20] The Leafs particular fourth line usage, and the difficulty in evaluating its success.
- [8:20] The Leafs lack of shot quality.
- [26:47] Alexander Kerfoot is an elite third liner.
- [32:30] Tyson Barrie might not be the third best Leafs defenseman
- [45:43] Are the Leafs a top 6 team in the NHL
- [56:05] We briefly discuss Don Cherry’s xenophobic comments on Coach’s Corner
- [1:00:53] I explain why using GAR / RAPM in small samples as anything other than a curiosity is problematic./
As always, you can find us on iTunes and Soundcloud. Let us know of any feedback. Thanks for listening.