The Leafs beat the Red Wings last night. Yay.
It featured some great underlying numbers but a too-close-for-comfort score, using all new defensive pairings. Timothy Liljegren (82%) and Rasmus Sandin (71%) led the Leafs in shot share, and in expected goal share (91% and 89% respectively). Yay (just ignore the fact they played almost entirely with the Tavares line who had a great night).
The Marlies beat the Belleville Senators yesterday afternoon. Also yay.
The Growlers figured out a place to play after getting kicked out of their previous arena. Yay... I guess?
A whole bunch of prospects did some good stuff:
- Nick Abruzzese had four assists and four shots, he has 5 points in his first two games.
- Alex Steeves had two goals in his second game since returning from injury.
- Topi Niemelä had a goal and an assist and is now tied for the 3rd most points in the Liiga.
- Ryan Tverberg had a goal and an assist, now has 9 points in 7 NCAA games.
- Braeden Kressler had a goal and an assist in the OHL as well, he has 5 points in 6 games.
- Ty Voit also had a goal and an assist in the OHL, he now has 8 points in 6 games.
- Joe Miller scored a goal in his third straight game, he has 8 points in 12 games.
Even more yay!
In less Leafs-centric news, the Jack Eichel trade talks roller coaster continues with talks heating up.
All indications are Vegas and Buffalo are well down the track in discussions of what framework of a Jack Eichel trade would look like.— Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) October 30, 2021
Where does it stand now? Many moving parts: roster, cap and injury complications. Amadio waiver claim was interesting.
Will it get done? ♂️
With all the #VegasBorn chatter of late regarding Jack Eichel: Knights GM Kelly McCrimmon is on the list for tonight's DET/TOR game, though I haven't seen him up here yet. The Knights are already in Toronto ahead of their game Tuesday night.— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) October 30, 2021
The Golden Knights signing Ben Hutton and claiming Michael Amadio in recent days sure does seem interesting, almost as if they’re shoring up their depth because they plan on losing some pieces in a trade. But the Ducks matched the ante by randomly removing Jakob Silfverberg from their roster despite finishing the game from the night before.
You can rest assured that when the Eichel trade does happen, PPP will be all over the coverage asking the important questions. Questions like: how does this affect the Leafs?
Dougie Hamilton and a former Leaf are out there living their best lives.