- Leafs played Buffalo who played Ryan Miller in goal and....I don't really need to finish that sentence, do I? Good on Jared, Under The Helmet of Slava Duris, The Hockey News and Die By The Blade for saving me the trouble then.
- In further 'copping for a right beasting' news, the Marlies went down 5 - 1 against the Rivermen (putting to an end the age old question, 'But how will they play in Peoria')
- Dr Steve takes a long hard look at the parlous state of the Leafs penalty kill, on the back of not one but two articles on the same matter by Maple Leaf Hot Stove.
- Alec Brownscombe at MLHS has some thoughts on the blame game under way in Leafs Nation, with Toronto Sports Media covering William Houston's ill-judged tirade, putting the blame squarely with BB.
- Readers of a nervous disposition will be delighted to know that that was the end of the unpleasantness. Mostly. Let's raise spirits with a piece by Hockeycentric - Nazem and Jerry's adventures at the World Juniors.
- SBNation have been giving out the mid season awards - Danforth for the Hart! In related news, Space Weed has his own take on the Calder candidates for this year.
- It's not just the NHL who get to play in the winter at Fenway Park - the Puck Daddy NCAA report covers the latest collegiate news.
- When I said that was the end of the unpleasantness, I lied - and for that I apologise. From Habs Inside/Out (via Kuklas) it's Dr Scary Hat von Hagens and fully preserved human bodies playing hockey! (slight discretion advised, but it's basically just the same as watching Chelios.)
- Last call - and a restful winter scene over Lake Ontario, courtesy of Torontoist.
Whatever's been missed goes in the comments, you know the drill by now.