The MasterCard Memorial Cup's two undefeated teams met in Quebec with one team starting the same way they did in their opening game of the tournament just 24 hours prior.

For the Oshawa Generals, the home team for the tournament's sake despite their opponents from Quebec City being the host's of the week's CHL championship, the start was a strong one yet again, with an evaporated lead, yet again.

An opening goal from Montreal Canadiens prospect Michael McCarron off a tip from top 2015 NHL Draft prospect Mitchell Vande Sompel gave the Generals another early lead.

It was short-lived though and just as Rimouski battled back the day prior, Quebec also answered back with a Raphael Maheux goal that squeaked past goaltender Ken Appleby after a nice relay from New York Rangers prospect Ryan Graves and Arizona Coyotes prospect Anthony Duclair.

But McCarron wasn't done and off a 2-on-1 he sent the puck to top New York Islanders prospect Michael Dal Colle for a beautiful finish and a 2-1 Oshawa lead at 12:47 with the shots tied at six.

And in the tale of deja vu, Hunter Smith, who took two minor penalties in the game against Rimouski, took a hooking penalty as the first period neared its close.

Quebec, unable to capitalize, trailed by one goal (2-1) and two shots (8-6) at the end of the first period.

A couple early big second period saves from Canadiens prospect Zach Fucale kept the game close and gave the Remparts a chance to get back into it.

And just a few minutes into the second frame, the duo of Duclair and Graves, a defensemen, struck again with Graves finishing off a strong effort as the Generals wandered in their defensive zone.

The goal, Quebec's sixth of the tournament, was the fifth to come from their backend. This, on a team that has missed one of their top defensemen, Leafs prospect Cody Donaghey, nearly all season.

After an innocent play midway through the second period, Panthers prospect Josh Brown went off for slashing, giving Quebec its second powerplay of the game.

Quebec, trailing 17-7 in shots despite being tied, needed a spark if they were to stay in the game. They wouldn't get it on the man-advantage though, and as the period wound down, the shot disparity was sustained by Oshawa.

As the period came to a close, the shots heavily favoured Oshawa (20-11).

Early in the third, the Generals picked up where they left off, killing another penalty before taking the lead on a point shot from Dakota Mermis with Fucale screened.

With Leafs brass Kyle Dubas and Mark Hunter in attendance to catch the draft eligible players, one of the game's best prospects for the 2015 draft got Quebec back into the game.

The diminutive Dmytro Timashov beat Appleby at 5:39 to tie the game 3-3. Timashov wasn't done either, giving Quebec the lead, whether warranted or not, minutes later with his second goal of the game off a rebound off the end boards. (In February, I wrote about Timashov for McKeen's Hockey, which you can read here.)

The goal, Quebec's fourth on just their 14th shot gave the Remparts the unlikely lead and a shot in the arm, as the Remparts began to dominate for the minutes that followed. The late-game surge included a post from Vladimir Tkachev.

Only a late penalty to Guillaume Gauthier for head contact gave the Generals a shot at getting back in the game.

With the dying minutes nearing, the penalty proved to be untimely, as Senators prospect Tobias Lindberg put a good shot past Fucale for his second goal of the tournament.

After some passive play down the stretch, both teams appeared settled on getting the game to overtime.

As overtime kicked off, the shots continued to favour Oshawa by a margin of 31-18.

Late in the game a Desrocher goal would seal the deal for the Generals and cap off the win, guaranteeing a semi-final berth.