The Leafs are back tonight. Camp is over, the preseason has been played, and the opening night roster is set. More than anything else, I feel a great relief. I don't remember any other offseason being this long and painful. If we had to discuss Vesa Toskala's horrific goaltending one more time I may have gone insane. There are still definitely big questions on this roster and I expect some pain, but I also think we'll see a few more roster moves before the end of the season. All in all I'm stoked to spend a night at home with a few beer and hockey on the TV. As per usual, I will probably miss the first period and maybe even half of the second, but I'll be here for the third baby. And of course: GO LEAFS GO!
Links after the jump.
- Emotional ceremony reunites Pat Burns, players
Canada.com brings us a great story about Pat Burns.
- The "final" roster a day later: I don’t feel any better; the forward lines make me, well…uneasy
Vintage Leaf Memories on the Leafs' roster as we enter the regular season.
general borschevsky, unable to find three great wins to memorialize from last season, gives us a recap of the three worst games last season.
- A big year for Ron Wilson
Mirtle on Leafs Beat talks about the pressure on the Leafs' coach this season.
- Maple Leafs Opening Night Roster
Toronto Mike has the roster for tomorrow night's game, for easy reference.
- Maple Leafs hope for home opener like last season -- with one difference
The Hockey News hears from Ronnie on how the Leafs should play in their first game this season, and he has a curious thing to say.
- Peddie sees high marks for Burke's work while Leafs GM gives himself poor grade
At least our GM realizes the failure of a season we had... but his boss doesn't seem to.
- Kris Versteeg on Leafs atmosphere: 'crazy'
LeBrun brings us Versteeg's comments on being in the Leafs market. Check out the awesome story about when he was born.
- Maple Leafs Play Ice Hockey Tomorrow
Yakov Mironov has his thoughts on real hockey actually returning tonight, and who to watch in the first game./