A classic anxiety dream. It's your first day in a new job, but your attempts to get to the office on time are thwarted at every turn. You're giving a huge presentation and suddenly you're in your birthday suit in front of all those people. You're eating an apple, but suddenly your teeth are falling out, one by one. It's an emergency, but your phone doesn't work. It's exam time, but your pencil keeps breaking! You're being chased! You're falling! There's something on the wing! WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN, THERE'S SOMETHING ON THE WING!
Suddenly you wake and it's morning. Light streams in through the blinds - it's a glorious winter morn. Deep breaths now - it's over. Heart rate slows to normal - it was just a dream, just a dream. Rising, you head to the bathroom - splash a little water on your face to help bring you back to reality. Maybe an Advil would help too? Open up the bathroom cabinet and pop the capsule into your palm. Close the cabinet door...and he's there. Behind you in the mirror. Waiting. A face slightly too long, gaunt and unblinking.
Marc Savard is back in your life Phil, and that was no dream last night.
(Author's note - Obviously the assault on the TD Garden described yesterday is actually scheduled for Thursday. Last night was just to lull them into a false sense of security. Sigh)
- We're not exactly swimming in game reviews today chaps, but perhaps that's not a bad thing in the circumstances. Fallen Leafs blames Jesse Spano, Mr Pubina tries to summon up a little enthusiasm in picture form and The Hockey News reports also. Stanley Cup of Chowder manages not to gloat overtly.
- The Marlies brush off their recent scoring woes and take revenge against Hamilton, winning 6 - 5 in OT with sexy Viktor scoring twice. Also in the goals last night, the Nazdaq.
- Praise be for Maple Leaf Hot Stove, giving me a multitude of links to give to you. First, Friday was a big night for some of buds in the system, second questioning how much of a chance Jiri NSFW got under BB, thirdly detailing the ascent of Stajan and finally making with the contests and the prizes!
- Sean Leahy Puck Daddy has the new NHL advert for the Winter Classic.
- And that's about......it. Unless you're interested in a history of Hollywood hating New York, temporary ski-jumps in sports stadia or hamster jazz.
- UPDATE - A new raft of Vintage Leafs, featuring the ever dapper Conn Smythe.
UPDATE, PART DEUX - All new sparkly Bloge Salming goodness! A look at the 2010 NHL Awards..../
Late breakers in the comments as always, if you please.