The entire AHL schedule has been released today, with the Marlies returning largely to their familiar opponents in upstate New York and Pennsylvania after last year’s all-Canadian division. The Grand Rapid Griffons are back as familiar foes, as well as the Moose, the Monsters and the Springfield Thunderbirds.
Trips to Belleville and Laval will feature as well, just not quite so often as last year. But the surprise is a series against the new Abbotsford Canucks, both in Toronto and in BC. There is also a trip to Chicago for two games.
In the AHL, long road trips are at the discretion of the teams involved, and the Marlies have stepped up to travel all the way west this year. Also at the discretion of the team this season is the number of games. The AHL is trying to bring its divisions into alignment and make seasons all the same length starting in 2022-2023. For this coming year, teams could choose, and Toronto will play 72 games.
- Longest home stand: Four games – October 16 to 24, March 17 to 23, April 6 to 16
- Longest road stretch: Eight games – January 15 to February 3
- Busiest month: March – 13 games (seven home, six road)
- Busiest home months: March – seven games
- Busiest road months: January – nine games
- Busiest day of the week: Saturday – 24 games (12 home, 12 road)/