Holy fuckity fuck. Let’s not do yesterday’s game again.
Please, I beg of you Leafs. It’s not a full do-over because those points are lost, but it’s a chance to put Game 2 firmly in the trash can that is Kanata, Ontario.
Toronto Maple Leafs Game #3
Opponents: Ottawa Senators
Location: In a field of cows, far from downtown Ottawa
Watch: CBC, Sportsnet Ontario, TVAS2, NHL streaming app
As I’m writing this (which is the night before) we don’t know what the lines will be for the Leafs. I assume Jack Campbell is going to be in net. Whether there are any lineup changes is up to Sheldon Keefe, and I hope he chooses wisely.
And in case he needs any inspiration, My Lineup Wishlist:
- Quit four-goaling around and take Joe Thornton off the first line.
- Zach Hyman has moved into his forever home: the first line.
- John Tavares plays over 20 minutes tonight. God, can’t believe I even had to say it.
- PP1 consisting of the five most obvious players you can think of.
- PP1 consisting of the most obvious player getting shot attempts.
- Mikko Lehtonen can’t come in unless the Leafs demote Barabanov — no waiver transactions can be processed in time — so screw it and go 11/7, it’s not like Keefe’s used Barabanov anyway.
- Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Simmonds feels like the default third line since I can’t imagine Thornton and Spezza can keep up with the pace of play from Mikheyev and Kerfoot.
- Is it unfair to ask for better players? I’ll even take aging Nick Robertson three years and have him anchor the third line. No, I don’t think he can do that now, that’s what the time machine is for!
Toronto Maple Leafs lines (from last night)
Joe Thornton - Auston Matthews - Mitch Marner
Jimmy Vesey - John Tavares - William Nylander
Ilya Mikheyev - Alexander Kerfoot - Zach Hyman
Alexander Barabanov - Jason Spezza - Wayne Simmonds
Morgan Rielly - TJ Brodie
Jake Muzzin - Justin Holl
Travis Dermott - Zach Bogosian
Jack Campbell - projected starter
Ottawa Senators lines (from last night)
Brady Tkachuk - Josh Norris - Drake Batherson
Tim Stützle - Derek Stepan - Evgeni Dadonov
Nick Paul - Chris Tierney - Connor Brown
Cedric Paquette - Artem Anisimov - Austin Watson
Thomas Chabot - Erik Gudbranson
Christian Wolanin - Nikita Zaitsev
Braydon Coburn - Josh Brown
Marcus Hogberg - projected starter
Per NHL official roster update at approx. 11:30am, Nicholas Robertson added to team's active roster and Alexander Barabonov removed. The Leafs did this earlier in the week with Mikko Lehtonen, but didn't any change to their lineup. Should get some confirmation later this aft.— (@dalter) January 16, 2021