The first round of the NHL Draft gets all the hype but that doesn’t mean the later rounds aren’t plenty of fun too. The Leafs currently have six picks - whether they’ll end the day with that many is up for debate.
There weren’t a lot of players on Bob McKenzie’s list that dropped to the second round, but there were a few. The SBN Mock Draft got a few picks wrong as well. How far will they fall? Will Fulemin’s darling Nic Hague fall into the Leafs’ lap?
Will there be more trades today? If only for the sake of chaos, I certainly hope so.
We’ll keep a running tally of Leafs-related developments on this page. Here’s the complete draft order from before the draft and Katya has an update and commentary on the draft floor trades that changed that. Grab your snacks and beverages of choice, put on your armchair GM hat and let’s go!
- With the 59th pick, the Maple Leafs take Eemeli Rasanen from the Kingston Frontenacs
- With the 110th pick, Maple Leafs select goalie Ian Scott
- With the 124th pick, Maple Leafs select Vladislav Kara from the MHL
- With the 141st pick Maple Leafs select local boy Fedor Gordeev
- With the 172nd pick Maple Leafs select Ryan McGregor from the Sarnia Sting
- With the 203rd pick Maple Leafs select Ryan O’Connell, a defender from St Andrews’ high school
And that’s it for the Leafs this year.