The SBNation 2019 Mock Draft continues with two selections today. You voted twice for Bowen Byram in this part of the draw, and today someone finally takes him.
The Draft so Far
- NHL Mock Draft 2019: New Jersey Devils Select Jack Hughes with No. 1 draft pick - All About The Jersey
- NHL Mock Draft 2019: New York Rangers Select Kaapo Kakko with No. 2 Pick - Blueshirt Banter
- NHL Mock Draft 2019: Chicago Blackhawks select Alex Turcotte with No. 3 pick - Second City Hockey
- NHL Mock Draft 2019: Colorado Avalanche select Kirby Dach with the No. 4 pick - Mile High Hockey
- NHL Mock Draft 2019: Los Angeles Kings select Dylan Cozens with No. 5 pick - Jewels From The Crown
- NHL Mock Draft 2019: Detroit Red Wings select Bowen Byram with No. 6 pick - Winging It In Motown
- NHL Mock Draft 2019: Buffalo Sabres select Cole Caufield with the No. 7 pick - Die By The Blade
At number eight, the Oilers fans went with Payton Krebs. Beyond sounding like the CEO of the firm the hero works for in a rom com, Krebs is also what the Oilers need.
NHL Mock Draft 2019: Edmonton Oilers Select Peyton Krebs With The Number 8 Pick - The Copper & Blue
Pacy, playmaking WHL forward has all the attributes to offer the big club a lot, eventually.
The Oilers will need good, young, cheap, good forwards to complement their superstars for the next decade, at least. We’re taking Peyton Krebs ALL DAY at eight here to further stock the cupboards with another player who stands every chance to fill that role with the big club in the next couple of years. Krebs can skate, he can play with and without the puck, he can play with high-end talent, and he’s spent time both at centre and on the wing.
At ninth, much lower than he’s likely to go, the Ducks fans went for Trevor Zegras:
SB Nation NHL Mock Draft 2019: Anaheim Ducks select Trevor Zegras - Anaheim Calling
Arguably the most creative player in the draft could be set for Anaheim.
Zegras makes his living as one of the most creative playmakers the draft has seen in years. Some of the plays he makes drag you out of your seat, throw your hands on your head, and make you want to scream, “WHAT THE HELL HOW?!”
The Canucks fans have a good point about this section of the draft being volatile, and they chose Matthew Boldy with the 10th pick.
NHL Mock Draft 2019: Vancouver Canucks select Matthew Boldy with the No. 10 pick - Nucks Misconduct
Help on the wings, or the back end? The Canucks have a conundrum on their hands, but the need for high end offence could rule Draft Day.
In a draft year that has 2 legit superstars available, the #3-10 picks are thought to be almost interchangable, and it’s pretty likely that someone scoops Boldy before the Canucks get a shot at him. You can’t blame them either. He’s been a big part of that 2001 crop for the USNTDP that has 4 forwards listed in the top 10 of almost every list out there. And what team wouldn’t want a guy putting up points at a 1.25 PPG clip to play alongside guys like Elias Pettersson and Brock Boeser?
Today the posts for picks 11 and 12 go up from the Flyers and the Wild.
Who did you expect to be off the board in the top 10 who is still there? For me it is very much Podkolzin. I can’t see him dropping this much.