Now that the Leafs have added some new players, and we know for sure that all of their UFAs signed elsewhere, we can look at the new depth chart.
- This is NHL-contracted players only, and leans towards their NHL-readiness now.
- This is all players listed by their natural position. You’re going to have to imagine Ron Hainsey on the right side, but I’m confident you can do it.
- Many wingers play both sides. I’ve picked their most common spot.
- Some of the AHL-level players are all fairly equal in ranking, so don’t sweat the order at the bottom.
- I am assuming all unsigned RFAs will be on the team.
- You can view the chart on the web if that’s easier.
Maple Leafs Depth Chart as of July 2, 2018
|C||LW||RW||D - L||D - R||G|
|Auston Matthews||Patrick Marleau||William Nylander||Morgan Rielly||Nikita Zaitsev||Frederik Andersen|
|John Tavares||Zach Hyman||Mitch Marner||Jake Gardiner||Connor Carrick||Curtis McElhinney|
|Nazem Kadri||Andreas Johnsson||Connor Brown||Ron Hainsey||Igor Ozhiganov||Garret Sparks|
|Josh Jooris||Josh Leivo||Kasperi Kapanen||Travis Dermott||Timothy Liljegren||Calvin Pickard|
|Par Lindholm||Matt Martin||Adam Cracknell||Andreas Borgman||Jordan Subban||Kasimir Kaskisuo|
|Adam Brooks||Carl Grundstrom||Trevor Moore||Martin Marincin||Justin Holl||-|
|Frederik Gauthier||Mason Marchment||Jeremy Bracco||Calle Rosen||Vincent LoVerde||-|
|Chris Mueller||Pierre Engvall||-||Andrew Nielsen||Jesper Lindgren||-|
That’s the list. It’s not awe-inspiring at centre on the bottom end, but the pipeline has some new names on it.
There are a lot of defenders on that list. The Leafs are two injuries away from a depth winger playing out of his depth on wing.
Now, have at it, complain about who is where, or just gaze at the upper left corner and sigh, whichever makes you happy.
I can’t believe you...
|Put Matthews over Tavares||377|
|Put Jooris over Lindholm||385|
|Put Ron Hainsey as a LD, OMG!||163|
|Put Nylander over Marner||499|
|Didn’t put Erik Karlsson in there, what is your issue?||700|